Thursday, November 3, 2011

Bastrop, Texas

So the other day I went to look and see if there were any updated satellite images from the Bastrop State Park wildfire in Texas.  Unfortunately, no images have been loaded on to Google Earth yet as far as I'm aware.  However, while searching I found something else that caught my eye, and rightly so considering...


October 21, 2005
...that's about a 3/4 mile font size! This massive forest-text that spells out the name "LUECKE" apparently belongs to a man of the same name.  I'm not even sure how he managed to do this but that's some serious landscaping.  The entire name is 2.5 miles long and holds the record of largest text in the world.


January 22, 1995
So here's the same area before he etched it.  



You can find it yourself on Google Earth using these coords:     30° 05'01.59"N     97° 08'28.16"W

Check back next week to see some of the fastest anthropogenic development in history.


No comments:

Post a Comment